Are you taking offline classes in addition to your online coursework? It can be a huge choice to make, whether or not you should live on-campus or off. There are many factors that go into this big decision and it’s important to weight the benefits/negatives. So here they are, the pros and cons of living on campus:
- Getting involved on campus is SO much easier if you live on campus
- Live near/with your friends
- College lifestyle (this can also be a con)
- Work for the college if you don’t have a better job already, though they often have good flexibility and benefits
- Minimal commute/saves gas
- Free access to internet, resources, labs, library, professors, etc.
- Not living with your parents. No matter your age, hell yes!
- Meet with professors more frequently
- Get priority with your advisers, Deans, career planners, etc.
- Very little privacy. Get used to it!
- Sharing laundry, or getting your laundry done in public.
- Limited kitchen facilities, if any
- Most likely losing your housing during holiday breaks
- Restrictions on parties, drinking, etc.
- College lifestyle (this can also be a pro)
- Sharing with roommates & their drama
- Listening to your roommate have sex (yeah)
- Sharing the shower/bathroom
- Having a roommate you don’t get along with